The Australian Embassy Stockholm provides consular assistance for Australians in Sweden, Finland and Latvia facing serious difficulties overseas in line with the Consular Services Charter.
- Assisting Australian citizens in difficult situations overseas, including serious injury, illness or death, and arrest and detention.
- Providing support during crises and international emergencies.
- Delivering information and advice to help Australians help themselves and avoid difficulties overseas.
- Issuing passports and travel documents to Australian citizens.
- Offering a limited range of notarial services, such as witnessing and legalising documents and administering oaths and affirmations.
- What we can and cannot do: Assisting Australians overseas within limits.
Emergency contact details
If you, or someone you know, needs urgent assistance or you have significant welfare concerns, emergency consular assistance is available 24 hours a day by calling the Consular Emergency Centre (CEC) in Canberra on:
- 1300 555 135 (within Australia)
- +61 2 6261 3305 (from overseas)
Our ability to provide some services may be limited. We will continue to prioritise consular services to those in genuine need. If you require emergency passport or consular services or need to travel urgently, please contact the Embassy during business hours or DFAT’s Consular Emergency Centre in Canberra on +61 2 6261 3305 or SMS on +61 421 269 080 to discuss your situation and for further advice.
For urgent assistance during Sweden working hours, depending on your location, please contact the team in Stockholm: