Which form do I need to use?
Use Overseas Passport Renewal (PC7) if ALL of the following is correct:
- Your most recently issued adult passport was issued after 1 July 2000
- Your most recently issued passport had more than two years' validity
- Your most recently issued passport has not expired for more than three years
- You have not changed your name, date of birth and sex
- Your passport has not been reported lost, stolen or damaged
- You do not possess concurrent Australian passports.
First time adult applicants can lodge using a PC7 if ALL of the following applies to you:
- You were issued a passport as a child after 1 July 2005
- You were 16 years of age or over at the time of issue
- Your passport was issued with at least two years validity
- Your passport was issued in your current name, date of birth and sex.
Use Overseas Passport Application (PC8) if ONE of the following applies to you:
- You are applying for your first Australian passport
- You are applying for your first passport as a child, or you are renewing a child's passport
- You are applying for your first adult passport (over 18 years old), and do not qualify to use the PC7 application form
- You are replacing a lost, stolen, or damaged passport
- You are applying to change your name (you must provide English language Change of Name documentation. Which documentation you need depends on where you were born)
- You are applying for your first passport after resumption of citizenship
- You are applying for a concurrent Australian passport
- Your last passport was issued with less than 2 years validity or has been expired for more than 3 years.