Digital Upload function for Finnish clients
Customers who have been issued with a 10-year Australian passport since 2005 or who are applying for a child passport will be able to upload their application via the Australian Passport Office website.
In order to use this temporary digital upload function, you must:
- be located in Finland and have a delivery address in Finland
- have held a 10-year Australian Passport since 2005; or
- be lodging a renewal application for a child
If you do not meet the above criteria, this option is not available to you and you must lodge your Australian passport application in person through the Honorary Consul in Helsinki or Australian Embassy in Stockholm.
For customers in Finland who meet the above criteria, follow the steps below to lodge your passport application:
- Complete the application form online
- Upload the application form, supporting documents, digital photo and credit card payment authorisation
- Payment is taken by Credit Card only, in AUD (Australian Dollars)
Once your digital application is being assessed (note this may take up to 4 days), you will receive an email from [email protected] to finalise the payment authorisation.
You will also be contacted if:
- the application is for a child
- additional documentation is required
- there is a problem with what you have submitted
- you are not eligible for this service
Once your passport has been finalised it will be sent directly to your nominated address in Finland.
Please note that if your delivery address is not in Finland, the new upload function will not become available at the application stage.
Please refer to the Australian Passport Office website for current processing times.
If you face any issues when completing the passport application or during the account registration process, please contact the Australian Embassy in Stockholm.
Examples where customers are not eligible for the digital upload function
- If you have urgent travel or require an emergency passport you are not eligible use the digital upload function for this reason
- If you hold a Limited Validity Passport, you are not eligible to use the digital upload function
- Age 16 years and older, if you are applying for a passport for the first-time adult passport, you are not eligible to use the digital upload function